bookjunkee

Adventures of a Book Junkie

Beware of Incessant Rambling. Seriously. Consider yourself warned. However, if you want more, check out my blog at www.toofondofbooks.com

The Elite (The Selection, #2)

The Elite - Kiera Cass I don't think I've ever been so annoyed with the main character and yet still finished the book. America was extraordinarily irritating this time around. She flip-flopped between wanting to be there, with Maxon to hating everything and wanting to leave. All within a couple of paragraphs. I found myself wishing someone would slap some sense into her. Even a nice shaking would suffice. Maxon was delightful as always. He was always so sweet to America. Yes, it was shitty to see him with the other girls, but he HAS to do it. Plus, with America losing her damn mind most of the time, what else should he have done? It was awesome to see him finally stand up to her and attempt to force her into a decision. I've been Team Maxon from the beginning, so I really hope that if America is who he chooses, she's worthy of it. Even with all of the complaining, it was a quick read and I did enjoy a good portion of it. I'm not sure this series needed to be a trilogy, since this one seemed like a lot of filler, but I'll definitely be reading the next one.