bookjunkee

Adventures of a Book Junkie

Beware of Incessant Rambling. Seriously. Consider yourself warned. However, if you want more, check out my blog at www.toofondofbooks.com

The Bone Season - Samantha Shannon I struggled with this book. I think a lot of it has to do with all of the hype that surrounded it. Not only from people I know who read it, but from the book being called "Harry Potter for adults", which I had heard from several people. It also could have been from the series of charts and maps at the beginning or the extensive glossary at the end. The world building was immense and we all know about my lack of patience. Still, it was enough to keep me interested. The real reason I continued was because of Warden. I loved him as a character and all of his contradictions. The last 30 pages or so made the entire book and are the sole reason I rated this book 3 stars instead of the 2 I was planning. I'm sure I'll read the next book in the series [if only to see what happens with Paige & Warden], but I doubt I'll be able to hang on for all 7. **Thanks to NetGalley and Bloomsbury for providing the arc in exchange for an honest review**