bookjunkee

Adventures of a Book Junkie

Beware of Incessant Rambling. Seriously. Consider yourself warned. However, if you want more, check out my blog at www.toofondofbooks.com

A Discovery of Witches - Deborah Harkness First of all, 4 days, for me, is a lifetime when it comes to getting through a book. At 579 pages, there is A LOT of information, backstory and characters. However, there was enough to keep me interested and continue reading. I enjoyed the world and characters that were created. I think my main complaint is the length... The story is so dense and has so many plot points, it certainly felt like 579 pages [Not like Grave Mercy, which is 549 pages and I got through that in 3 1/2 hours].This doesn't feel like an adequate review, but I'm at a loss as to what to write. There were definite things I liked and disliked, but it seems like too much work to type it all out. Perhaps after having some time to digest the book, I'll come back and add to it. I will definitely be reading the sequel. Edit: after thinking about this book for a couple of days, I changed my rating from 3.5 to a solid 4. I really did enjoy it and I look forward to visiting this world again.